This remarkable article by the editor of the Sri Lankan Sunday Leader was published three days after he was gunned down outside his house. Lasantha Wickrematunge was an outspoken critic of the government and the strict control they exercised on the media. He foresaw his death, hoping it would serve as an inspiration rather that as a defeat of freedom.Despite the internet providing a means for local Sri Lankan media to have an international reach, the government seems to be winning the battle for its control.
- Freedom House press freedom graphs: http://wp.me/pJ80V-4c 5 years ago
- America hasn't always been the land of free speech: http://wp.me/pJ80V-48 5 years ago
- Press freedom and net neutrality: http://wp.me/pJ80V-3O 5 years ago
- Super injunctions and Twitter - You can't silence the masses: http://wp.me/pJ80V-3z 5 years ago
- RT @kphil101 Media restrictions in Iraq. http://bit.ly/9Ew8GX 5 years ago