Every year, UNESCO honours an outstanding individual that has defended or promoted press freedom anywhere on the planet. The Guillermo Cano Prize usually goes to courageous journalists who have put their lives on the line for the truth to be heard. Award winners Anna Politkovskaya and Lasantha Wickrematunge were both murdered before they could pick their prizes.
- Freedom House press freedom graphs: http://wp.me/pJ80V-4c 4 years ago
- America hasn't always been the land of free speech: http://wp.me/pJ80V-48 4 years ago
- Press freedom and net neutrality: http://wp.me/pJ80V-3O 4 years ago
- Super injunctions and Twitter - You can't silence the masses: http://wp.me/pJ80V-3z 4 years ago
- RT @kphil101 Media restrictions in Iraq. http://bit.ly/9Ew8GX 4 years ago